Smiling is something that we do on a daily basis but we rarely think about the power that a smile can have. People tend to think more positively of those who are smiling then of those who are not. There are many interesting facts that revolve around a smile. In fact, did you know that women smile more often then men and that babies save a particular smile for only their loved ones. Read on to learn more cool facts about Smiling.
Fun Facts about Smiling
1. When someone smiles in is universally known as an expression of happiness whihc is recognized by almost all cultures.
2. When a person studies laughter they are known as a ‘gelotologist’.
3. There are over 18 different types of smiles that are used in a variety of social situations. For instance, people can use a smile to say a hello, and they can also use a different type of smile to show their understanding of a particular situation.
4. A frown uses more muscles to contract and expand then a smile does.
5. A smile is one of the most used human facial expressions. Smiles can use between 5 to all 53 muscles.
6. Smiling releases endorphins and makes us feel better, even when you fake a smile you can feel better.
7. A person that smiles more is deemed to be more pleasant, sincere, attractive and more sociable then a on-smiling person.
8. We are born with the ability to smile, it is not something that we copy. For instance, even blind babies are able to smile.
9. Humans are able to differentiate between a real smile and a fake smile by seeing the difference in a persons eyes when they smile.
10. Newborns tend to have more preference for a person with a smile then a person that is not smiling.
Don't forget to smile!